Thursday, January 24, 2013

Custom & Unknown Arias: Part 5 - Wariawick?

Recently I came across this strange Aria, or "Wariawick", as I like to call it. At first I thought it was just an Aria Integra neck bolted on to a Warwick style body. Wrong! As you can see, this is a neckthrough bass!

The headstock bears the "AP" or Aria Custom shop logo, so this must have been a one-off or a run of very limited instruments.  Actually, I just noticed it doesn't have the AP logo! It has the "I" logo, which was found on some late 80s Integras. It also features Bartolini pickups and Gotoh hardware. 

Has anyone seen other Wariawicks? 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Jason,
    I own one of these Wariawick!
    Almost the same except the body. Mine has a Aria body, this one seems to be modified to mooks like a Warwick...
    It has also black mechanics and different knobs.
    Feel free to contact me if you want some pictures
    FRED

    ReplyDelete