Saturday, October 23, 2010

SB-1000 Electronics Restoration





Shawn sends in pics of his electronically restored 1980 SB-1000. It had been gutted of its original pickup/electronics and replaced with an EMG pickup. However, he was able to restore it with a new pickup and electronics from Aria.

Shawn says the sound is the same as an original SB-1000. This was good news to me as I will be having the new Aria guts installed in my RSB-900 very soon, too!

This SB-1000 is for sale at the moment if anyone is interested in picking up a reasonably priced SB! Check the listing at eBay for more photos and information on the bass.


1 comment:

  1. I've got the same exact bass, (not the reissue) and I've been looking everywhere for someone that can restore the electronics or sell me a replacement could you point me at the right direction please?

    ReplyDelete